Are you starting to plan your next vacation? Planning a big trip can be a lot of fun, but it also requires a lot of organization and diligence to ensure everything gets done. Whether you’re headed to a national park or somewhere else, bullet journaling can help you stay on top of your planning, while adding a little flair to the process.
Recommended supplies (but feel free to use whatever you want):
- Pens, colored pencils, markers
- Washi tape
- Photos, ticket stubs, mementos
There are so many fun, creative ways to use bullet journaling for vacation planning, but here are some practical page ideas to get you started:
- Create an index to serve as a to-do list that will guide each phase of your planning.
- Write out a travel planning agenda to organize your flights, car rentals, hotels, etc.
- Create an itinerary of activities for the trip itself with plenty of room for doodles.
- Make a thorough packing list.
- Use photos, mementos and washi tape to further decorate your journal after the trip is over.
You don’t need to be an amazing artist to reap the benefits of travel bullet journaling. Here are some tips to help you create the journal pages of your artistic dreams.
- Browse online for inspiration. There are plenty of people and resources to learn from. Browse YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other bullet journalists are doing.
- If you aren’t confident in your drawing abilities, start by doing everything in pencil and then tracing with pen and markers. That way, you can erase and improve until you’re happy with your work.
- Find tutorials and font charts online to help you with your hand lettering. Like all things, fancy calligraphy and brush lettering just take some practice.
Ready to bring bullet journaling into your trip planning? Watch the video to get inspired, and then discover more tips in our vacation planning tool kit!