Regardless of the distance of your drive, renting a car on vacation offers you the freedom and flexibility to stop along your route and customize your travel experience. Get the most out of your family car trips with these articles.
Rental Car Trip Planner: Car Rental Toolkit & Travel Activities
Looking for an exciting driving route for the whole family? Here are our top picks for seeing the U.S. by car.
America is rich with historical sites, and visiting Civil War battlefields is a great way to experience U.S. history firsthand. Read More...
Get your kicks with these dazzling Southwestern drives through desert, mountains and more. Read More…
If you’re moving or visiting a new city, one-way trips are a unique chance to experience everything offered along the way. Read More...
Car Rental Tips
Check out some of our best tips for maximizing your car rental experience.
How To Rent a Car For Your Vacation
Are you planning a vacation that will require some driving? Rental cars are an efficient way to bring affordability and flexibility to your trip! Read More...
Impress the whole family with these trip snack recipes and tips on your next vacation!
Alamo COVID-19 FAQS
Is Alamo open during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
Yes. Alamo is an essential services provider that remains open to meet critical transportation and personal mobility needs.
How do I rent a vehicle from Alamo during the COVID-19 outbreak?
To streamline your rental experience further and enable you to safely practice social distancing when picking up your rental vehicle:
- You can skip the counter (for select locations) in advance after activating Online Check-In. Then, you can go straight to your car without visiting the counter or kiosk.
- Another option is Alamo’s Self-Service Kiosk at select locations. All you need to check in is your driver’s license and credit card. When you’re finished, just show your rental agreement and driver’s license at the exit booth before you hit the road.
What steps are being taken to clean the rental cars?
Clean vehicles have always been important to us, but at this moment in time, we know vehicle cleanliness is even more critical. Each rental vehicle is thoroughly cleaned between every rental and backed with the Complete Clean Pledge. This includes washing, vacuuming, general wipe down, and sanitizing with a disinfectant that meets leading heath authority requirements, with particular attention to more than 20-plus high-touch points including:
- Key / key fob
- Steering wheel
- Steering column
- Seat belts
- Center console
- Door interiors
- Door pockets
- Interior door handles
- Exterior door handles
- Seat pockets / seat surfaces
- Areas between seats & consoles
- Areas between seats & doorjambs
- Cupholders / compartments
- Instrument panel
- Accessory panel / touchscreen
- Rearview mirror / side mirrors
- Visors / visor mirrors
- Dashboard / vents
- Gear stick / gear shift
- Trunk release
- Among other high-touch areas
As part of the Complete Clean Pledge, we've also extended our already rigorous cleaning protocols to our shuttles and rental locations.