With this super-simple, fun-to-make travel snack, the joy of vacation begins long before you’re on the plane! That’s because, with no need to even turn on the oven, the kids can get hands-on while helping make this recipe. Get the recipe below and let the getaway memories begin!
Packable Snackables: No-Bake White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
How to Make No-Bake White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- substitutions: sunflower seed butter, cookie butter, soynut butter or coconut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips
- 11 ounces dried cranberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sea salt. Mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey, heat until melted, and stir together.
- Add vanilla extract to the peanut butter and honey mixture and stir.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Slowly add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a very thick dough is formed. You may not need the entire ½ cup of milk.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries until fully incorporated.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. Using your hands, form small balls and press into a cookie shape on the baking tray. Using a fork, press down on each cookie twice to create cross-hatching.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to solidify.
- Pack in a small plastic container and place in your carry-on bag!
To add more protein to the cookie, substitute 2 standard scoops of vanilla protein powder for ½ cup of the flour and the vanilla extract
Customize the base recipe with a butter of your preference, nut or non-nut. And try different dried fruit and chocolate chips!