Have a ball while traveling to your next vacation destination – a popcorn ball! These quick and easy travel snacks combine the familiar flavors of s’mores – chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker – into a fun, portable snack for the whole family. Best of all, the fun begins with making them when you recruit the little ones to lend a hand!
Packable Snackables: S’mores Popcorn Balls
How to Make S’mores Popcorn Balls
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped or bagged popcorn
- ¼ cup butter
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cereal
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray or olive oil
- Melt butter in bowl in microwave, being careful not to let it boil.
- Add marshmallows to bowl with butter and melt in microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add popcorn and cereal to bowl and fold into marshmallow mixture.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle, lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil to avoid the stickiness. Scoop a small handful of the popcorn mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, and gently press them into the popcorn ball.
- Place on a sheet of wax paper to continue cooling. Then refrigerate for 30 minutes to solidify.
- Pack in your carry-on bag!