- Perhaps one of the most well-known and extreme adventures in Yosemite National Park is its incredible rock climbing. People come from all over the world to try their hands at climbing Half Dome. At 8,844 feet above sea level and rising another 1,360 feet, this is one heart pumping adventure and not for the faint of heart or novice. If this is your first time or you need to brush up on your skills, consider a personalized rock climbing tour with Summit Adventure company. They even offer a guided summit attempt to Half Dome in October, when they say it’s the best time to visit due to lower crowds, cooler temperatures and no required permits.
- El Cap is the 2nd most popular rock climbing spot, but the summit can also be reached by hiking full-day, class 1 trails.
- Take a dip in Mirror Lake. The paved service road hike to the lake is about a two-mile loop and well worth it in spring and summer when you’ve worked up a sweat from hiking and biking all day. Bring a picnic to make it a fun half-day adventure.
- Kayak and swim in Tenaya Lake, one of Yosemite’s most beautiful and well-known swimming areas. Tenaya Lake is an alpine lake with sweeping views of granite rocks and pine wood forests. From Yosemite Valley, it’s about an hour and a half to Tenaya Lake, where you can easily park your car and enjoy for the day.
- Rafting is another popular summertime activity and best experienced at the South Fork of the Merced River (below Swinging Bridge). Bring your own floatation device, as they are required for all who enter the water.
- Bring your bikes to explore the Yosemite Valley. The 12-mile loop, featuring mostly paved, flat trails, can take up to two hours to complete. Kids will love this route and the thrill of exploring by their own two wheels.
- If you didn’t bring your own bikes, you can rent them for about $30 dollars a day from Curry Village or Valley Lodge. One popular route is the Wawona Wawona Swinging Bridge trail. From the Wawona store, the route is four miles round trip and has a swimming hole in the middle to cool off.
Alamo COVID-19 FAQS
Is Alamo open during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
Yes. Alamo is an essential services provider that remains open to meet critical transportation and personal mobility needs.
How do I rent a vehicle from Alamo during the COVID-19 outbreak?
You can make reservations via our website or Alamo mobile app. To save time at the rental counter, you can check in online with your driver’s license information and rental confirmation number.
To streamline your rental experience further and enable you to safely practice social distancing when picking up your rental vehicle:
- You can skip the counter (for select locations) in advance after activating Online Check-In. Then, you can go straight to your car without visiting the counter or kiosk.
- Another option is Alamo’s Self-Service Kiosk at select locations. All you need to check in is your driver’s license and credit card. When you’re finished, just show your rental agreement and driver’s license at the exit booth before you hit the road.
What steps are being taken to clean the rental cars?
Clean vehicles have always been important to us, but at this moment in time, we know vehicle cleanliness is even more critical. Each rental vehicle is thoroughly cleaned between every rental and backed with the Complete Clean Pledge. This includes washing, vacuuming, general wipe down, and sanitizing with a disinfectant that meets leading heath authority requirements, with particular attention to more than 20-plus high-touch points including:
- Key / key fob
- Steering wheel
- Steering column
- Seat belts
- Center console
- Door interiors
- Door pockets
- Interior door handles
- Exterior door handles
- Seat pockets / seat surfaces
- Areas between seats & consoles
- Areas between seats & doorjambs
- Cupholders / compartments
- Instrument panel
- Accessory panel / touchscreen
- Rearview mirror / side mirrors
- Visors / visor mirrors
- Dashboard / vents
- Gear stick / gear shift
- Trunk release
- Among other high-touch areas
As part of the Complete Clean Pledge, we've also extended our already rigorous cleaning protocols to our shuttles and rental locations.
Read more COVID-19 FAQs.