Any additional driver (excluding a spouse or domestic partner) will pay a daily fee;
Renter’s spouse or domestic partner who meet the same age and driver’s license requirements of the renter are authorized drivers at no additional charge. Any additional authorized drivers must appear at time of rental and meet age and driver’s license requirements. An additional charge of $10 per day for each additional authorized driver will be added to the cost of the rental, unless other contractual conditions apply. In California, there is no additional authorized driver charge. In New York state, the additional authorized driver charge is $5 per day.
A spouse or domestic partner is the only permitted additional driver on a rental secured with a debit card
Fees are also waived for the following:
- Corporate Contracts in the United States are allowed the following additional drivers at no charge:
- Commercial (corporate) rentals
- The renter's business partner
- Employer or fellow associate, who has a signed corporate contract with Alamo and drives the car for business purposes and who meet normal renter requirements.
Please Note: When booking via a third party; the relationship is with the Tour Operator and not Alamo directly. As a result; Alamo Insiders benefits will not apply.
All other additional authorized driver situations are subject to a daily charge.
An additional driver may only be added to the contract at a rental location and may be added or removed in the middle of the contract. When adding an additional driver in the middle of the contract both the renter and the additional driver must be present at the location.
The system will calculate the charges based on the dates the additional driver was listed on the rental.
All additional drivers must:
- Meet age requirements
- Appear at the rental counter with the primary renter
- Present a valid driver's license
An additional daily fee may apply for any additional drivers listed on the rental agreement.