Crossing the Golden Gate and Bay Area Bridges with a rental car
- Use Our TollPass™ Service
Simply proceed over the Golden Gate and Bay Area bridges. A picture of the license plate will be captured at the toll plaza and payment for your tolls will be made electronically. Your use of these bridges will automatically enroll you in our TollPass™ Service. Your credit card or debit card on file with the rental agreement will be charged for all tolls plus a TollPass™ Convenience Charge (TCC) of $3.95 per usage day, not to exceed $19.75 per rental period. There is no TollPass™ Convenience Charge on rental days that you don't use a toll road.
How can I avoid TollPass™ charges?
- Golden Gate Bridge
To avoid our TollPass™ Convenience Charge simply pay for your toll BEFORE or within 48 hours AFTER you cross the Golden Gate Bridge southbound into San Francisco. You may make a one-time payment by going online at www.bayareafastrak.org or by calling (877) BAY-TOLL (229-8655). Make note of the license plate number and end date of your rental period. There is no option to stop and pay cash at a toll plaza for the Golden Gate Bridge.
- All other Bay Area bridges
Proceed into the cash lane at the toll plazas and pay for your tolls with cash.
What is the coverage area in the Bay Area?
Our TollPass™ Service applies to all video toll roads in the Bay Area but the coverage area is subject to change. For questions about specific roads please call (877) 765-5201 or visit www.htallc.com/tollpass.
What if I drive to Southern California?
- Use our TollPass™ Service on the 73, 133, 241 and 261 toll roads
Drive on the Toll Roads of Orange County. A picture of the license plate will be captured at the toll plaza and payment for your tolls will be made electronically. Your use of these bridges will automatically enroll you in our TollPass™ Service. Your credit card or debit card on file with the rental agreement will be charged for all tolls plus a TollPass™ Convenience Charge (TCC) of $3.95 per usage day, not to exceed $19.75 per rental period. There is no TollPass™ ConvenienceCharge on rental days that you don't use a toll road.
How can I avoid TollPass™ charges in Southern California?
- Pre-Register your rental Vehicle
Visit www.TheTollRoads.com/RentalTolls prior to incurring tolls and follow the instructions to pre-register your rental vehicle.
- Use your existing California FasTrak® or ExpressAccount®
Add your rental vehicle's license plate to your FasTrak® account or ExpressAccount® prior to driving the 73, 133, 241 or 261 Toll Roads in Orange County.
What is the coverage area in Southern California?
Our TollPass™ Service applies to the 73, 133, 241 and 261 toll roads only. The 125 toll road and the 10, 110, 91, 15, 580 and 680 Express Lanes are not covered by our TollPass™ Service.
Our coverage area is also subject to change. For questions about specific roads please call (877) 765-5201 or visit www.htallc.com/tollpass.
How do I pay for this service?
The TollPass™ Convenience Charge and toll charges* will be billed to your credit or debit card on file with your Rental Agreement once the toll data is received from the toll authority, within approximately 4-6 weeks. Renters who don't have a debit or credit card on file will receive a paper invoice for all toll-related charges at the address listed on their Rental Agreement.
How can I obtain my charges for this service?
Go to htallc.com/tollpass or call (877) 765-5201. You may also sign up to receive automatic receipts by visiting htallc.com, clicking Statement Look Up, selecting your rental car agency, and entering the email address and partial credit card number used to pay for your rental.
Additional payment and conditions
* A TollPass Convenience Charge (TCC) (where available) of $3.95 per day of Rental Period for each day Vehicle is operated on a TCC Covered Road and Vehicle operator does not pay an applicable toll. Total TCC charges will not exceed $19.75 per Rental Period. To avoid the TCC, Renter may (i) use toll-free roads and bridges, (ii) pay tolls with cash (where applicable), or (iii) use any of the other methods described in our toll brochures and on our website by searching our Customer Service link (keyword "tolls"), which vary by toll road/bridge. In addition to the TCC, Owner or a third party may separately charge Renter's credit or debit card for each toll not paid by Vehicle operator incurred during the Rental Period at the higher of the applicable toll authority's cash toll rate or highest undiscounted toll rate. A current listing of TCC Covered Roads is available upon request, at www.htallc.com/tollpass or (877) 765-5201. Operation of Vehicle on a roadway or bridge not covered by TCC where applicable tolls are not paid may subject the Renter to fines, costs and fees see Rental Agreement Paragraph 3.c.(3.). RENTER EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZES OWNER OR ITS AFFILIATE TO TRANSFER RENTER'S NAME, ADDRESS, CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND ALL OTHER DATA NECESSARY TO ENABLE THE COLLECTION OF ALL TOLLS AND ASSOCIATED CHARGES INCURRED DURING THE RENTAL PERIOD.
Terms and conditions apply. Refer to your Rental Contract for details. For information on toll charges contact the Highway Toll Administration at (877) 765-5201 or go to htallc.com.