What are my options for driving on tolls roads in the Northeastern US?
- Use your Personal E-Z Pass Transponder or Account
You may use your own personal E-Z Pass transponder or account. We will not charge you a fee for using your personal EZ Pass transponder or account. Contact your transponder issuer for details on how to use your personal transponder or account with your rental vehicle. Some issuers may require you to register a rental vehicle with your account within a certain timeframe.
- Stop and Pay Cash (where available)
You may use the cash toll lanes (where available) and pay for your tolls as you incur them.
- Use our TollPass™ Service
You may utilize our TollPass™ Service, which currently consists of the following three options:
- For vehicles equipped with an installed transponder device follow the directions on the device to activate and begin TollPass™ Service.
- If your vehicle is not equipped with an installed transponder device or if you have not activated your installed transponder device or you utilize toll roads without otherwise paying the applicable toll, we will automatically enroll you in our TollPass™ Service.
- At certain locations, you may also have the option to rent a transponder device from us at the rate of $3.95 per rental day, not to exceed $19.75 per rental period, plus the amount of each toll. The transponder rental charge will appear on your Rental Agreement; toll charges will appear on your credit or debit card statement separate from rental charges. No credit is provided for days the rented transponder is not utilized. (See Additional Terms and Conditions below).
The charge for TollPass™ Service under options 1 and 2 above is $3.95 per usage day, not to exceed $19.75 per rental period, plus the amount of each toll. There is no TollPass™ Service charge on rental days that you don't use a toll road. The TollPass™ Service charge and the amount of each toll will be charged to the debit or credit card on file with your Rental Agreement and will appear separately from Rental Agreement charges on your credit or debit card statement. (See Additional Terms and Conditions below).
- Other Payment Options
Some tolling authorities may have alternate payment options in addition to those described above. Check with the local tolling authority or visit www.htallc.com/tollpass for options.
- How are tolls billed to me?
Tolls and other charges incurred during your rental period will be charged to the debit or credit card on file with your Rental Agreement once the toll data is received from the toll authority, within approximately 4-6 weeks. Renters who don’t have a credit or debit card on file will receive a paper invoice for all toll-related charges. Tolls incurred are billed at the higher of the applicable toll authority’s video toll rate, cash toll rate, or highest undiscounted toll rate.
- How can I obtain my charges for these services?
Go to www.htallc.com/tollpass or call 1 (877) 765-5201. You may also sign up to receive automatic receipts by visiting www.htallc.com, clicking Statement Look Up, selecting your rental car agency and entering the name as it appears on your rental contact and contract number or partial credit card number used to pay for your rental.
- What is the coverage area?
Our TollPass™ Service applies to toll roads in the Northeastern US but the coverage area is subject to change. For questions about specific roads please call 1 (877) 765-5201 or visit www.htallc.com/tollpass.
- Additional Terms and Conditions
The optional TollPass™ Service accepted by Renter provides for the daily rental of a toll collection transponder or, in some states, the use of pre-installed device or video-monitored toll collection services. In addition to the daily charge for the TollPass™ Service, Owner, its affiliate or a third party may separately charge Renter's credit or debit card (or bill Renter, as applicable, for cash rentals) for each toll (or other charge) incurred using the transponder, pre-installed device or video monitored service during the Rental Period within the TollPass™ Service area at the higher of the applicable toll authority's cash toll rate or highest undiscounted toll rate. Renter expressly authorizes Owner or its affiliate to transfer to a third-party Renter's name, address, credit/debit card information, and other data necessary to enable the collection of all such amounts. No credit is provided for days the rented transponder is not utilized. TollPass™ Service has a limited service area; attempting to use the service outside the service area may subject the Renter and/or any AAD(s) to fines and penalties see Paragraph 3.(c.)(3.) of your rental contract. A current listing of TollPass™ Service Area covered roads is available upon request, at www.htallc.com/tollpass or 1 (877) 765-5201. Terms and conditions apply. Refer to your Rental Contract for details. For information on toll charges contact the Highway Toll Administration at (877) 765-5201 or go to www.htallc.com/tollpass.